You paid a lot of effort and money into becoming a "Certified Lubrication Specialist"?
Then you are one of about 1500 lubrication experts worldwide who do not only take care of lubricants, but also the application and therefore the client itself.
Your expert knowledge shall stay up-to-date on a long term basis – therefore the vailidity of your CLS certificate is restricted for only 3 years.
STLE certifications are valid for three years after you pass the Certified Lubricant Specialist™ exam. Prior to the end of this period, you must complete the requirements below to renew your certification. If you do not renew your certification within the given time frame, you will have to retake exam.
In addition a renewal fee has to be paid to the STLE.
Alternatively, you can, of course, also retake the CLS exam.
If you want to renew your certification, please apply for it directly at the STLE Website.
If you keep especially an eye on the easy to handle requirements 1, 2, 6, 7 and 8 from the beginning, you will have an uncomplicated recertification procedure!
STLE Recertification Requirements
Individuals must satisfy at least 4 of 12 requirements by providing documentation for each and pay a renewal fee. These are:
- Employer provided letter vouching for continued employment related to their field of certification.
- Two other individuals, with the same current certification, supply a letter vouching for continued employment in their field of certification.
- Provide proof of receiving 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from courses relevant to their field of certification (these would require certificates that state CEUs from accredited institutions are not the same as STLE ECs earned on webinars, etc. - See #12).
- Provide proof of attending or virtually participating in six (6) STLE section meetings.
- Provide proof of attending one (1) STLE section education seminar.
- Provide proof of attending one (1) educational seminar relevant to their field of certification such as at the annual meeting of one of the following organizations: STLE, SME, SAE, NLGI, AISE or SMRP; or proof of attending an educational seminar, which is part of a third-party training seminar such as a corporate training program or education provider seminar; or proof of reading six (6) relevant technical articles published in national or international technical publications.
- Provide proof of attending one (1) annual meeting conference with programs relevant to their field of certification such as from one of the following organizations: STLE, SME, SAE, NLGI, AISE or SMRP.
- Give one (1) presentation/course at a conference or seminar relevant to their field of certification (must have a technical focus, those related to sales/marketing/company not acceptable).
- Publish one (1) article or paper in publications relevant to their field of certification.
- Author or co-author one (1) book or a significant chapter of a book relevant to their field of certification.
- Provide proof of active participation in technical committees, councils or work groups with programs relevant to their field of certification.
- Provide proof of attendance of eight (8) hours (EC) of educational content such as webinars, presented by STLE or an STLE Approved Education Program, as identified on the STLE Education website
You know how quickly 3 year are passing by!
Stay up-to-date in the world of lubrication and tribology! We are happy to support you!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us (Tel. +49 8034-9047-700).